Standard services include:
- Weekly and Monthly generation of a payslip for each Employee. (The Abacus payslip is a comprehensive and informative sheet that complies with regulatory requirements of both the SARS and the Basic Conditions of Employment Act. In addition to remuneration detail, a company logo as well as a photo of the relevant employee can be added to each payslip. The inclusion of a photo is an effective measure to counter ghost workers. Our clients also report a significant effect on employee morale that can be attributed to feeling confident and proud, and having a sense of belonging.)
- Basic Salary and any additional earning, bonuses, lump sums, leave pay.
- 13th Cheque tax Provision can be applied.
- Setup of different shift rates and allowances associated with each shift.
- Overtime Groups and Rates.
- Standard and unique allowances.
- Travel Allowance (Company Car / Own Vehicle and use of company vehicle)
- Travel Re-Imbursements and sub-assistance allowances.
- Non-Taxable Allowances.
- Medical Aid (Credit Allocation)
- Pension, Retirement Annuities, Provident Funds, Death & Funeral, Income Protection and Accident insurance contributions.
- Standard and non-standard deductions.
- Loan, Garnishee, Salary Advance, ITA88 management
- Bargaining Council & Trade Union Contributions
- UI19 & 23 Declaration certificate
- All statutory contributions (PAYE/UIF/Workman’s Compensation/Social Responsibility)
- Tax Averaging (calculating the average on year on year basis)
- Employment Tax Incentive claims. ETI already incorporated in statutory totals.
- BEE Calculation File (Summary of workforce demographics for each month)
- Payment File generation (FIHRST Managed Services)
- Payment schedules according to Pay Groups and Pay Points
- Management of Payroll according to Cost Centres.
- UIF Submissions
- Workman’s Compensation Submission
- Skills Development Levy (SDL) Calculation
- Monthly Statutory Company Tax submission totals (PAYE/UIF/SDL & PAYE5/Social Responsibility/ SDL)
The following reports are available to the client monthly and are usually provided in .pdf format. These are also available in Excel or .csv format, upon request. Reports can be split across different cost centers.
General Ledger GL
Abacus provides the client with a General Ledger (GL) file that is supported by 22 sub-files, monthly. The structure of this file can be programmed to suite the client’s financial program (SAP). If the client provides Abacus with the layout requirements of the file, an import file will be developed accordingly.
Supplementary Abacus Services
Cost to Company conversion (CTC)
The conversion of the workforce from a standard salary structure to Cost to Company. Where benefits of pension, medical aid and allowances apply, a CTC structure often has a positive effect on taxes payable by both employer and employee. (This falls outside the scope of this RFP)
Through our unique structures, Abacus can verify each annulment order according to the 5 x compliance requirements, before it’s implemented against an employee. The compliance is confirmed by a formal legal entity. Full management of the subsequent repayment is provided. (This service is included in this RFP with no extra costs to the employee).
Abacus can submit PAYE (IRP5) submissions (RSA Only) on behalf of the employer. (This service is not included in the RFP)
Security and Authorization
Abacus data is encrypted according to financial requirements (264-bit encryption) and a Confidentiality Agreement will apply. A secure, off-site data back-up facility with Seagate SA, safeguards against data loss.
Abacus Payroll complies with the requirements specified in the POPI Act and all personal data will always be deemed confidential and treated as such. Abacus will not disclose any data to any individual or entity without the express permission of our client.
An SMS is sent to the employee’s cell phone that indicates the monthly earnings and deductions. The employee can then view the payslip by accessing a link on a dedicated server. Access linked (granted) to cell phone number and ID number. (This functionality is available but not included in this RFP).
Standard Operating Procedures
Abacus will use Abacus Payroll Software as set up at our current offices. A dedicated account manager is to be appointed to the account, and a dedicated e-mail structure will be put in place for all client correspondence. Only written correspondence will be accepted as official communication throughout the payroll process.